Sunday, September 16, 2012

Apple, Beet, & Mint Juice

Apple, Beet, & Mint Juice

Apple, Beet, & Mint Juice

September 7, 2012: I was fortunate to be able to borrow someone's Juicer and I thought it would be great to make a bunch of juices to freeze to drink later.   Often I find that I don't have enough time in the morning to get everything I need together for work when I am focused on making sure my little guy gets a healthy meal before going to school.  I came up with the idea of freezing some juices to have defrost on my way to work or to have with my lunch.  It's a great way to add some extra veggies or fruit to your diet.  I've tried quite a few recipes and really like them all.  Once recipe that I 
tried was Apple, Beet, & Mint Juice and I got it from this website: 

http://www.wholeliving.com/151378/beet-apple-and-mint-juice 

However, I was very concerned about adding so many carrots since I've had some bad experience in the past with carrots in my drinks... strong carrot taste.  I modified the drink to fit my taste by adding more apples and mint and I recommend you experiment yourself to have it fit your needs.  Just remember, the beet will make the drink very red as well as stain everything you own.  

Red Apples, Beet, and Mints Juice
2 carrots
2 apples
1 beet
1/3 cup of Apple Mint.

Put in juice and Juice.  Drink immediately or freeze.


No comments:

Post a Comment