Monday, July 23, 2012

Free Motion Quilting











July 23, 2012-  It was such a busy weekend doing things with family and my little boy had a mission to  show me how much trouble a speedy little crawler can get into.  He's on the move!  It left me with so little time for myself.  Luckily, I planned a little time to go to a quilting drop in tonight.  I felt I spent enough time staring at my son's "Hungry Caterpillar Quilt" that it was time to just actually start quilting.  I have it all pinned together and started my first free motion quilting on a bigger quilt.  (I've free motion on a small wall hanging, but this is bigger than I have ever done.)  With support from the ladies at the quilting drop in, I was able to get the butterfly quilted.  Once I get the leaf and the caterpillar quilted, I will be doing some more independent free motion quilting instead of following the pictures.  I am very excited and nervous for this.  Right now, I give myself a lot of props for doing as well as I did with the caterpillar!   I just might get this done in time for my son's first birthday (I think 1.5 month should be enough time if I commit).

No comments:

Post a Comment