Sunday, July 22, 2012

Swiss Chard and Pecan Pesto over eggs and tomatoes.




July 22, 2012-  My son and I went to the Farmer's Market yesterday.  It is really wonderful and overwhelming to be surrounding by so many fresh vegetables and fruit.  I actually ended up buying more stuff than I planned.  When I got home, I realized that I had the most beautiful Rainbow Swiss Chard and I didn't know what to do with it. Most people cook it in a little oil until wilted.  I usually make a delicious soup with it, but I wanted something that I could enjoy in the hot weather.  After searching for a little bit, I found a recipe where I could use the basil from my garden.  I was so excited.  I made this pesto and actually tried it with a few things.  I did change the recipe up a little bit by toasting my pecans, adding less garlic, and adding 2 TBSP of Lemon Juice instead of 1 TBSP.  I was hoping to use less Olive Oil with this recipe.  The end result?  Delicious!  I love eating it with tomatoes.  I plan to try it over poached flounder.

Here's where I got the recipe:  http://allrecipes.com/recipe/swiss-chard-and-pecan-pesto/detail.aspx




No comments:

Post a Comment