Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hungry Caterpillar Quilt completion!

The Hungry Caterpillar Wall hanging

The completed Wall hanging!

December 22-24, 2012

I have a commitment to complete things and have some fun with projects.  I went on a 2.5 week vacation from work.  A much needed vacation.  Of course, I spent 2-3 days relaxing and taking an easy, but by the 2nd day, I was starting to get bored.  I spent 2 days cleaning up my sewing room up and I realized that I've committed to a lot of projects, but I would never finish them.  So, the first project I focused on was the "Hungry Caterpillar" wall hanging.  I spent a long time trying to finish quilting it.  It was a challenge to decide how to quilt since I'm still a novice.  But I did it!  It took me a day to finish quilting it.  Then the next day, I focused on getting that binding on which went fast by sewing machine.  I had to finish it by hand and the miracle is... I finished the hand stitching at 10 pm on Christmas Eve.  I thought, "Why not give it to my 15 month old son for Christmas?"  In a box and under the tree it went! the next morning, my son stared at it and smiled and hugged it.  It was a better reaction than I could ever have expected especially from a 15 month old.  I'm so proud that I finished this project and it will be displayed in my son's room!  On to the next project!!!



Time to hand stitch to completion!
Sewing the binding on! Getting close!

No comments:

Post a Comment